PlusCare Walk-In Medical Clinic
The PlusCare Clinic is designed to provide healthcare for non-emergent medical needs of our patients for a short term or one-time occurrence; and our walk-in system is designed to deliver healthcare services in a timely and efficient manner. Our walk-in services are extended to established patients who are enrolled Absentee Shawnee Tribal citizens, IHS eligible Native Americans, Absentee Shawnee Tribal employees (insured), non-Natives with contract insurances, SoonerCare adults and SoonerCare children who are the ages of 2 years and up.
Services provided for the following
- Backaches, muscle aches
- Urinary tract infections
- Sinus infections, colds, coughs, and bronchitis,
- Pink eye, red or itchy eyes
- Flu or flu like symptoms
- Simple skin infections and rashers
- Concerns about STD’s
- Sprains, strains, and bruises
- Small cuts or abrasions’ simple foreign bod and ear wax removal
If you are a new patient to our health system and are in need of our PlusCare Clinic services, please bring with you:
For patients 19 years and over
- Your Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB); and
- A second form of identification (i.e. Driver’s License or State ID); and
- Your Social Security Card; and
- If available, any health insurance card(s).
For minors 18 years and younger
- Picture ID (Unexpired Driver’s License or State I.D or not needed if picture on Tribal Enrollment Card) – will need parent or legal guardian’s
- Tribal Enrollment Card (or CDIB, Letter of Descendancy, and BIA card, will be considered DESCENDANTS) Children younger than 4 years of age may use parent’s
- Social Security Card (not needed for in-house Medical care or if printed on Tribal Enrollment Card
- Insurance Cards (Medicaid, Medicare, and/or private insurances)
- Certified Birth Certificate (3 months and up)
- Guardianship or Placement Documents (if applicable)
Patients seeking routine care for a chronic condition will be referred to a Primary care provider in one of our clinics.
After your initial visit, you will have the ability to schedule appointments at either the Little Axe Health Center or Shawnee Clinic.
*If you have a life-threatening injury or suspect you or someone may be having a heart attack or stroke, please go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Notice to All Patients
Thank you for allowing us to provide your care today! To better serve and provide the highest quality of care, beginning July 1, 2019, the following changes take effect:
All patients who use the PlusCare and Shawnee Walk-In Clinics now need to become an established patient for their primary care within the AST Health System. These clinic services are benefits for established patients, meaning they receive their routine health care within the AST Health System. This is to ensure the best, safest, and most appropriate care possible.
If you are not established patient you will be provided a “one time visit only.” After your visit you may become an established patient by:
- Scheduling an appointment to establish care today with PlusCare/Walk-in registration
- Calling the Shawnee Clinic to schedule an appointment 405.878.5850
- Calling the Little Axe Health Center to schedule an appointment 405.447.0300
To continue to access PlusCare and/or Walk-In Clinics, as well as the pharmacy, you will need to keep the appointment that is scheduled with the provider.
As an established patient the following services are offered:
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics
- Specialty Care (Orthopedics, Dermatology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Hematology, Nephrology, Podiatry, Cardiology, and Gynecology).
- Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Dentistry, Optometry, Nutritionist
- Full lab and x-ray
You may continue to receive primary care with your current provider/clinic; however, the AST Health System will not be able to provide you with walk-in/after-hours health care and pharmacy after this courtesy visit.
We hope that you choose AST Health System for your primary care needs.
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday – Sunday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Holidays (Except New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
PlusCare is closed the first Wednesday of the month from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1st Appointment - 8:00 a.m.
Last Appointment - 7:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Last Appointment - 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY